The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2010, 02:19 AM   #1
CarJunkie

I couldnt save the poor thing...

I know its a little late for it, but its time for some post traumatic cash for clunkers sadness.

So I went up to one of the many dodge dealerships in phoenix, az. I was following my roommates there in my truck so they could have a ride back while it was getting tinkered with.

Well, my roommate was window shopping at all the new trucks and their options, and we were floating around the parking lot in a golf cart, looking around. Well, she found one she wanted to caress for a moment, and as she was doing that, I looked over, because I heard the tall tell sounds of a carburated motor not wanting to start.

Well, Sadly to say If i would have found a way to save the poor thing from death I would. It was a 69 chevy blazer, in all its 4x4 glory, and yeah it was a little rough around the edges, but it was in overall good shape. It had super swampers, and a brush guard from what i could see.Sadly again, I asked the sales guy how much they were selling it for because everything has a price. He said "Oh, it belongs to the government now." Befuzzled at the time and not fully understanding the cash for clunkers hipocracy, and asked the dumbest question ever "Why is that?" and he thoughtfully stated that "it was someones piece of junk" and that it had the god awful yellow tag on it for disposal. I asked how much I could give the dealership to take it off of their hands, and he said "we cannot sell it. the government already got their crumby fingers all over it". I got a little teary-eyed, and sighed deeply then went on with my day.

So, Im not sure if he was jerkin my chain or not, because I still dont fully understand how that whole cash for clunkers went, but i tried saving it from death.