The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #1
lyrikz
PITbut

Autometer guage to stock guage.

I posted this in my build thread but thought it would be neat to post here to all the picture whores. ahah..

I just ordered a guage cover and new glass for my cluster and wanted to keep the factory guage look so i decided that i was going to take my new fancy autometer oil pressure guage and destroy it and swap it in my stock cluster...

Here is the carnage. It was fairly easy, functions fine, bolts in place, and now i dont have an oil line running into my truck.

Back of my cluster. That printed screen circuit got DESTROYED when i took it off, do they sell those sepereately?

This is my autometer guage. Really sexy looking guage but i dont have the money for a whole matching set and just one of em doesnt do it.

Stock guage with mechanical goodies behind it.

Basically unscrewed and cut off the stock autometer guage plate to get to the goodies i needed inside.

I just drilled out the little rivets to get the guage face off the stock unit.

Just a test fit. Fits great. All i had to do was open the area where the needle slides in a bit and then secured the face to the autometer guage.

The next step was covering the rear of the guage up. I didnt want to leave it exposed so i took the stock autometer guage and cut a section of it off.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=676047

My new YOUTUBE channel.. Videos of my truck and a current walk around.
Lyrikz74 Youtube channel DONE! SOLD!

My 1971 stepside build thread
My Build Thread UPDATED 6/11. DONE
and sold.
lyrikz is offline   Reply With Quote