The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2010, 02:26 PM   #1
jgb7038

My 48 ford shop truck

Thought I would post up some build pics of my current project that Im working on. Its 1948 F1 pick up. I kind of think of this as my "leftovers" build,being that 90 percent of the parts are left overs from other projects.
The idea is to build a low budget high fun truck,that I can use to haul parts in now and then.I had always wanted a fenderless pick up and one day all the stars aligned perectly and the 48 showed up.
I got it about 3 years ago as an abandoned project from a guy I worked with. He was going to junk it so I offered him some cash for,but he declined. He told me that if I really wanted it,that I could have it for FREE! He even delivered it to my house.
It already had a 3" chop,shaved door handles and a good amount of the body work done to the cab and front fenders.It sat on a s-10 chassis.even with all this done it was no pristine truck.

It sat at my house for about a year.I kept looking at trying to decide what i was going to keep and what was to go. I realized that I did not like the rear track width,and that the front suspension arms were pretty hacked up by the prior owner to try and get the front track to fit the fenders. I had a 70 c10 short bed that is getting a full custom chassis and bbc, so I had a extra full rolling chassis and drive train to use in the 48. The front and rear track width fit the 48 much better than the s10 did so I made the swap.

I tried for almost 2 months to give the s10 chassis away,but had no takers,Ithought surely some one would take for free.We were ready to have the new garage built so it had to go.I ended up doing this to it:

What a waste of a perfectly good chassis.
jgb7038 is offline   Reply With Quote