The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #1
blazerboy72

Project Anna (71 2wd Blazer)

I guess it is time to start my own project thread. My current project is a 71 2wd Blazer named Anna. I bought her off of here about 5 years ago with a plan to have her finished in 2 years. Well that obviously that didn't happen. While working on her the engine in my daily driver blew up resulting in an unplanned project that took almost a year:

After completing that project I decided it I need somewhere to work on Anna so the search for a house began. I also got married in there somewhere. Now that all of that is out of the way it is time to get back to Anna, only problem is I spent all of my money. The original plan was for her to be bagged with a twin turbo 5.3, th400 and to look basically stock from the exterior and interior. Since my financial situation has changed she will now just have a cammed 5.3/4l80e, airbags and a few other minor upgrades.

This is the day she was delivered:

A little rust:

Passenger side looked good though:

The first project was to get the front frame rails cleaned up. Working outdoors wasn't a bit fun:

Then I picked up an engine, a 01 5.3 with 20k miles:

got the engine installed:

Last edited by blazerboy72; 01-17-2010 at 09:38 PM.
blazerboy72 is offline   Reply With Quote