The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2010, 12:22 AM   #1
OYMC
Account Suspended

Father (1955 Chevy Hot Rod), Son (1955 GMC 4x4)...The build begins!

My name is Josh Trostle, and I am the owner of a Toyota land cruiser importing business... I won't say the name of the business because I am not here to advertise.

I am a huge fan of the 1954-1957, and 1967-1972 Chevy / GMC trucks...

I am currently building a 1987 GMC Crew Cab Short Bed 4X4, a 1955 Chevy Pickup (Hot Rod), a 1955 GMC 4X4, and a 1954 shop truck named (Crash).

As a kid I spent my after school days hanging around an old mans hot rod shop. I enjoyed listening to this man's stories, and the art he had developed in creating automobile masterpieces... (This is where my sickness began)

When I neared my 16th birthday, my Mom would take me out in our 1954 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup, to teach me the fundamentals of driving.

This was a stock 54' with all the pedals (Starting from the far left): Parking brake, high beam switch, clutch, brake, gas, and starter... For a first time driver, it looked very intimidating to look at!

Now, rather than go through all the information from my 15 year old driving experiences to my now 29 year old "Father / Son" build off (My Dad is the Chief of Police, and has absolutely no fabrication experience), I'll just fast forward.

I am a fabricator, and love spending hours in the shop (Not long walks on the beach, but that doesn't sound bad either).

As a tribute towards my appreciation towards my Dad, and to develop recognition for both the street rod, and 4X4 world, I am building two trucks.
A 1955 Chevy, and a 1955 GMC 1/2 ton pickups.

Both trucks will be painted the same color, and will feature similar interior designs. The only difference between the two will be their drive trains, and suspension setups.

The 1955 Chevy (Dads):
Unfortunately I have already built a large majority of this truck, and features the following. Heidts Mustang 2 suspension with tubular control arms, completely boxed chassis, "X" member center crossmember, triagulated four link rear suspension on a 8.8 narrowed limited slip axle, a "K" member up front, and a "K"member in the back. A wiring conduit was welded inside the chassis to hide all the wiring, and all body fastener nuts have been tig welded to the inside of the frame rails.

I'll have more photos tomorrow:
Attached Images

OYMC is offline   Reply With Quote