The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-20-2010, 06:03 PM   #1
EODblake

Introducing a new truck and its member

Afternoon,
I've been gleaning as much information from the forum as I could over the last couple months since I bought my '72 Blazer. As much as I would love to do a frame up restore I just don't have the time or space to do it right now. That being said my main prioities are cutting out the bad parts of the bed and bed support beams and welding in some new ones so I can remount the rear seat. And then the same on the front. I use it as my daily driver right now but after I bought it I found out that the crappy carpet was the only thing holding the rear seat in and a couple of the bolts up front. I got the passenger seat pretty well bolted down so I feel safe enough to have a passenger, but my seat is only held in by about 2 1/2 bolts. So by summer I want it to be safe enough for the whole family to ride in along with some new shocks but those are the easy part. I haven't welded since highschool so I'll need to relearn that with some trial and error.

Guess I can only upload 5 pics so I'll post this up and see if everything is working. Also I hope this turns into a build thread so there should be more pics as a try my best at making it my own.
Attached Images

EODblake is offline   Reply With Quote