The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #1
tswore
built not bought

project: what ya doin that for?

OK, here is my official build thread. I came up with the name cuz every time I tell someone what Im gonna do to this truck they say "what you doin that for?"

The story:
I bought this truck from a dude who owned a body shop in SLC, Utah. Its a 1991 Chev crew cab long dually with a Whipple charged 454. When the truck was new on the lot, it was stolen. The guy who stole it put all the stuff on it-the shell, the running boards, etc. He had it for about a year, then it was recovered. The details of how it was recovered, I dont know. The p.o. bought the truck in '92 to use a tow rig for his business. He put he whipple charger on it an pulled a trailer with it. When I bought it it had 75k on it, but the motor was replaced with a new crate motor 25k ago. Its in fantastic shape, with no rust in the bed, or the rockers,or anywhere. The interior is great, and it runs awesome. I think I scored a killer truck!

The plan:
I am gonna cut the frame, make it a short box.
Lose the dually
1/2 ton axles
a little lift, to clear my 33s
custom paint
bucket seats or complete interior overhaul
stereo system (my fam owns a stereo shop, its gonna rock)

Most, if not all work will be performed by me and a couple buddies. I have been around trucks my whole life, and I really enjoy this stuff. Constructive criticism is welcome, and tips and tricks too! On to the pics!
Attached Images

Last edited by tswore; 01-22-2010 at 10:28 AM.
tswore is offline   Reply With Quote