The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
winchster

[Project] My Second go at a build

I don't remember if I've introduced myself or not so I shall do so here. I will also introduce my latest dream. When I get an opportunity to translate the printed pictures of this truck into digital format I will add them to this thread.
We bought this truck in 1990 from the original owner. It was bone stock, complete and running. We then proceeded to put a 350 in it, along with a T-10 and a '69 C10 rearend. I don't have any pictures of any of that. In about 2002 I took possession from my dad and put an automatic, tilt column, and a front saddle from a '77 C10 under it. My son drove it to school for his senior year and then we parked it. I've finally decided that I want to do something with it so here goes.
This is what I'm starting with:

and this

I forgot to mention the goal here. I personally love Gene's truck and mine is going to go on a '78 K5 chassis with 33x12.50 I kind of got tired with the whole hot rod thing and I really want a 4x4 so I figured I'd give both these old trucks a new shot at life. I really wish I had posted all my original work back in 2003.

Thanks for stopping by. Any and all suggestions, comments, help, or constructive criticisms taken gladly.

Support our troops, stand behind 'em or get in front of 'em.

What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Last edited by winchster; 01-26-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Figured out the pictures, date correction
winchster is offline   Reply With Quote