The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 AM   #1
Laz

New here with my 66 Stepside, Betsy

Just thought I'd introduce myself here and show off the recent work done to my truck. My name is Nick and I'm 28 from Del Rio, TX. I don't know much about mechanics but I've always loved classic cars, and even more so, trucks. I've already introduced myself in the welcome forum, so no need to redo it here, but I wanted to share my truck with you 60-66 lovers.

Here is my 66 C10 Stepside, Betsy. Recently had a blown head gasket, so what better time to learn about motors than when you have to tear it apart? Me and my dad got after it. Over the past year I'd been collecting various engine parts, so we ended up putting on a new intake and new Holley 750 that I got for Christmas, as well as putting on a Mallory Unilite & coil to replace the old hunk of crap that beat up against the firewall whenever I floored it. We replaced the old worn and faded blue valve covers with some "El Cheapo" chrome ones we came across just to give it a little more shine. While we were in there, I decided to remove the heater box. It did nothing but get in the way while trying to work and the heater didn't work very well (not to mention I live in south Texas, where it's cold for 2-3 months out of the year). And here she is after it was fixed and some new parts put on:

(As soon as I find myself a new daily driver (which will be soon) I am going to park Betsy and tear her down to the frame and do a full rebuild, at which point I will create an appropriate thread in the Builds forum.)

Betsy:

The old motor (and me taking it apart):

Me learning how to put heads back together:

The completed motor:

Laz is offline   Reply With Quote