The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 PM   #25
Ackattack

Re: Rear disc brake problem

So last night I did a little playing around and checking.

I pulled off the electrical connector out of the proportioning valve. I tried pushing the hour glass thing forward. It didn't really move, but it's little, so it may have moved a little.

I fired up the engine. I was able to get the tires to stop a little bit better. But still not that great.

I looked at all the lines again, and found one connection that had a very very small leak, tightened that up (nothing different).

I found the bracket that holds the parking break cable to the parking brake pedal (using a 72 setup) and got that all cleaned up and will install that.

One thing I noted is if you look at the brake rotors, the outside portion (diameter wise) shows that the pads are making contact on both sides of the rotor, but the inside is not (there is/was a thin layer of surface rust on the rotors from the frame sitting outside for 6 months at the paint shop).

Oh yeah....don't know if this is related, but my tranny was a little low on fluid, so I added some fluid (~1/2 qt). I didn't know if this would affect the torque converter locking up....just a thought.

Last edited by Ackattack; 02-10-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Ackattack is offline   Reply With Quote