The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM   #1
iwanta70

Iwanta70 ended up with a 71

It was too good of a deal to pass up. 1971 K10, ps, pb, a/c, tilt, tach, roof lights, 330 hp GM crate motor with 15,000 miles and a 350 Turbo. It was owned by a 40 year Chevy mechanic who bought it new and recently passed away. The axles and transfer case were rebuilt about 2 years ago and have less than 2,000 miles on them. He obviously wasn't a body guy, though. Its pretty rough and there is more that can't be seen in these pictures. I took one of the SPID but its blurry. All the options are listed and it appears to be original. The guy I bought it from put (jerry rigged) a 2" block lift on it. Don't think I trust it so I got a 2" front and rear spring lift from Tuff Country and all greasable bushings from Off Road Design to put under it. If it would ever quit snowing I might have a chance to get it all installed and drive the blankety-blanking thing around. I'm going on a bit of a road trip tomorrow to get a 40/20/40 bench out of an '05 Dodge to put in it, too. I'll drive it for a while as I gather parts and then give her a proper rebuild. Is it bad that I bought a truck that I have to fix up just to make a beater out of?? Nah.
Attached Images

iwanta70 is offline   Reply With Quote