The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #1
Mr-Jack
Beer Drink'n Knuckle Dragger

Question Question bout my options

I'm planning on lifting my 67 lwb 4x4 gmc when i get home and i'm looking for a kit, so here's what i'm thinking about.

I want an all spring lift and i'm looking for 6" to clear 35's I want it done tastefully and don't want to have to go back and re-do it. I don't mind adding in differant hangers or shackles, just don't want to go blocks at all. I would prefer a bolt on kit so it will b quicker, but I can manage some welding too. I just want to get it in the air and on the road asap.

I've been looking around, and it is hard to find a 6" lift for GMC 4x4's in 67. Does anyone know what other years/make lift kits are compatible with what i have? I have 10 bolts on my 1/2 ton. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but will be adding new shocks and probably upgrade the steering at the same time.

Also...(and this may sound like a dumb question) the lug patterns are 6 on 5.5's right? I mean that is all i've known for chevy 6 lug axles, but i could be wrong. Just want to make sure.

For Rims i'm thinking about a 16x8 or 15x8 inch rim (any specific backspacing i should be after?

Sorry for all the questions, just want to have all the parts sitting in my garage for when i get home so i can get to work. (i'm deployed and will have all this sent to my house).

Thanks in advance fellas,

Jack
Mr-Jack is offline   Reply With Quote