The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2010, 01:43 PM   #11
Dan in Pasadena

Re: What did you do to your truck today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Build View Post
...Does the crank on the dash open the bottom of the windshield?...
Yes, it does. '46 was the last year for the crank out windshield. My cab is actually a '41 but there are only a couple tiny differences. Mine had no windshield regulator when I bought it but I lucked out and found a rusted solid one for $40. I took it all apart, wire wheeled it clean, re-assembled with white molybdenum grease and it works like new. That's a new handle though. Easy open/easy close.

Here's the truck from a few months ago. Mildly cammed 350/350 with Jag independent rear suspension, (front suspension as well). Four wheel power disc's and power steering. '51 Chevy car steelies, beauty rings& caps. Since I bought it last summer I've had it professionally re-wired, added a $40 Craigslist third row bench seat out of a Ram 12 passenger van - fits like a glove and it's TIGHT in that cab! Recently found the Doray yellow fog lights - a $10 steal from an estate sale. Not sure how I feel about them...but they're installed for the time being. Only took minor clean up and painting the mounts to make them like new. Scored a NOS Guide early rear view mirror at the same sale too but have not installed it yet. I've searched high and low and found the rear window pot metal trim ring, interior windlace retainer strips, headliner bows and bought installed assorted rubber parts, window channel, etc - all of which is not yet installed. Today I'm working on restoring the minor cracks in the steering wheel. Sorry to go on so. It' nice to have someone ask.
Attached Images

Last edited by Dan in Pasadena; 03-14-2010 at 01:47 PM.