The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
andyh1956

help with 66

greetings from afghanistan. i read here a lot but i'm new to posting. when i get home in oct i will be ready to work on the 66 again & i need help with two things. 1st- i see lots of you have later model front ends under your trucks. do the later front ends cause the tires to scrub from the track width being too wide. i plan on a 235 / 70 tire on a stock 8" rally wheel. i have a 72 & a 82 front assy to pick from. 2nd- how many of you are running a 4spd car trans, muncie, t10 or a saginaw? i have a t10 w/2.46 1st gear & a saginaw out of a vega gt w/ 3.11 1st. i see hurst makes a shifter that works with car trans in trucks so i like that. i don't have a rear axle yet so when i build it i need to set ratio to fit the trans i use. i also didn't want the front end wider than the rear. was planning on the t10/283/3.42 rear axle. if this is anything close to what some of yall are running it would really help me to know how you like the setup, shifter to bench seat clearence etc. this will be the grand kids truck to drive to school in a few years so i thought it would be a good place to use the 283 & t10, and i want to do it right cause i don't want to have to lick this calf over again. he shouldn't need to stretch out on the highway yet-that could come later. thanks for helping, seems like a great bunch of guys on the 60-66 section.
andy
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote