The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Gemp

Project Dirty....76' 2wd GMC Jimmy

Well I'm finally getting to start on my 76'. I had this thing since November,But the birth of our 1st child really moved it to the back burner. Now that we have settled into a nice routine, I'm finding some time for the shop.

Its a 76' 2wd 327,M22 4-speed...The previous owner bought it from his uncle who spend a lot of time time in California with it ....He had a custom interior done in Mexico. Its honesty not bad, Dated but not bad. The nephew rebuilt the motor in 99', Hung new front chip sheet metal and let it sit for 10 years. Its a very solid truck by N.E Ohio standards. It needs some metal work, Nothing to hard. Its runs (Poorly) and moves...Its running on 10 year old gas.

The plan....Short term

It needs a full exhaust,Its got shorty block hugger headers on it now. I'm going to put long tubes on it. The motor as a cheap chrome oil pan and front cover. The drain plug is strip and leaks,same with the front cover. I have GM ones on the self. The carb needs work,along with the old gas pumped out of the tank. I'm going to pull the front clip to paint the inner fenders,wheel wells,core support. Since there isn't really any seat belts in it,Its only has half of the pass. side lap belt. I picked a set of late model truck seats and 3rd row Tahoe seats with the built in seat belts.

Then I'm just going to drive it for a while, I'm just in the mood to bang some gears this summer. I really don't care what it looks like.

Long term....Body work & paint, EFI, Maybe some handling improvements.

Well after that long wind post.....Here are some pics.

Project Dirty...