The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-21-2010, 11:23 AM   #1
RuralRoute C-30

What manuals do you use?

Since I got my 85 in February I admit to knowing Nothing about these trucks, Nada, zip, nothing with a capital Zero, except the basic mechanical skills of a novice with some years of common sense that has taught me the basics of how things work. Before introducing myself to the '79' c-30 last November and now this '85' the last '350' I had was in a 1968 Caprice if memory serves me correctly and I was a much younger man with a car not that old at that time.

Recently bought the Haynes manual, now thinking of getting one of those advertised factory manuals on e-bay: "10-30 Series 1985 Light Duty Truck Chevrolet Shop Manual" Written for Chevrolet dealership mechanics". But @$88? a copy?

Any others recommended? The CD appears by far cheaper. Any input?

Computers are great for sitting and researching information but out in the shop and even for reading on a topic manuals do seem necessary.

My former 95 chevy wagon came with a library of manuals of a 3 volume set that had everything from chassis, mechanics and body! More than once the having the manual taught me what I did not know. So thought I would toss this question out here to ask what others think are important manuals to have around.

Old enough now to know having the books will make this relationship a lot simpler.

Appreciate the input,
Mark

"Reality is just a hallucination brought on by lack of alcohol."
RuralRoute C-30 is offline   Reply With Quote