The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
**grumpy**

WooHoo. Bought another one...

After selling my 63 Burb last fall, I bought and sold a couple cars, then had nothing from about late Oct. til yesterday.

Being jobless sucks....

But our only vehicle the last year is a 99 Suburban, so I needed a second ride because I have to find a job even if its a crappy one until this economy picks up.

So instead of buying a Sunfire or S10, I decided to spend what tax refund we got on a old daily driver.

Well, after talking to a guy about a 65 GMC, I bought it.

They bought it 6 years ago from a old guy who was in the middle of a frame off build.

The chassis was all done, painted etc, but the cab, bed and clip were needing to be done still.

This guy and his then 15yr old son bought it. They did their first and only body and paint job.

Fast forward to now. In the years its been done, they havent put 100 miles on it. It sat in the garage for 3-4 years while the son went to school, then it sat outside the last 20 months.

So it has very amature body/paint, and looks alittle rough, but it was semi-cheap. At least what us rustbelt people consider decent and cheap...haha

It has a 283 with a granny 4spd.

Since Im a big fan of beater old school shop trucks, I think Im going to DA it and scuff it, to wear the paint alot. That will help alot.

Id rather have it all scuffed and wore out, the shoddy paint/body.

It also has some awesome white wagon wheels and raised white letter tires

Those will go to the swapmeet for 20 bucks...

So Im trying to find 4 decent stock steel wheels, then lower it.

I have a ton of 60-63 stuff I need to sell, including a windsheild, so maybe that will help me make some money to put into this 65.

And I need to figure if that 4 spd is worth keeping...or maybe try to swap it out.

So Im happy. I will post pics tuesday.

Last edited by **grumpy**; 03-22-2010 at 04:30 PM.
**grumpy** is offline   Reply With Quote