The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
kustomd

Question On Zing the front of the frame on a 64

I know Zing has been covered b4 on here but I haven't been able to find the specific question I'm looiking for.

Has anyone thats bagged they're chevy truck by Zing the front frame section to get it to layout ever still ran the stock spindles and brakes? If so how much z did you have to do?

I don't want to have to body drop my truck if I don't have to but I'd like to run my rebuilt brakes and six lug wheels. I'm also doing this on the cheap. So drop spindles and the dropped crossmember is out.

My front bias ply tires I would like to run are 6.70 15" on 40's passenger car wheels. They seem to be in the 27" to 28" range diameter wise as far as I can tell if that helps.

I'm thinking maybe a 3" Z and Zing my lower control arms 2" if I can. I've got access to plenty of steel and I'm not new to fabricating so I don't figure its going to be much different then when I subframe older cars with late model clips.

One more thing I also have an s10 front clip thats good would that front end work better maybe instead to get it down instead of doing all the work on the stock stuff? I know I won't be able to run my 6lug wheels tho with that clip so I was just curious.

Thanks for any help.
kustomd is offline   Reply With Quote