The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Justin G

Thumbs up Just Joined - Need Opinions on Purchasing a 1971 Blazer

Hey Guys,
I just joined the forum after searching and looking at threads for several weeks. I was hoping to get some advice from any of you who will give it. I am considering buying a 1971 Blazer off of Craigslist. I wanted to know what you guys think of it and if it's worth what the guy is asking for it. It's not a cherry but it runs and will eventually turn into a project truck once I finish my home remodel.

Here are some details from the add:

This is an excellent running Blazer, has a rebuilt 350 four barrel engine with headers, and a turbo 350 transmission. Power steering, tilt wheel, Factory Air Conditioning , power brakes and all the gauges work. The speedometer shows about 10 mph slower than actual speed due to the larger tires. Transfer case and four wheel drive work fine, and it has lockout hubs option, front disc brakes option 2x4 to 4x4 transfer case shifting. It drives well, has plenty of power. Heater works good. Tires are in good shape with fair tread left on them. A/C compressor and rear seat is missing, eveything else is there. Dash is in good shape, door panels are OK. This blazer is tagged until August 2010 and driven daily, and I have a clear title in hand. $4500 cash.

Issues:
No back glass (also missing a hinge from the top), fair amount of rust in floor pans, rockers, bumpers, and a little on one of the doors. Not sure of any specifics about gearing/drivetrain.

What do you guys think. Any more questions I should ask or things I should find out before buying?

See more pics below.

http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/z...0Blazer%204x4/
Attached Images

Justin G is offline   Reply With Quote