The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #1
Devil Pup

Irritated!!

Ok so here goes, I have a 69 C20 with a 5.7 with just basic power adders. I.E. headers, exhaust, HEI, Performer manifold carb ect. . . and it was a 4 speed with granny. I swapped it out as a going away gift to myself before i joined the Marines. I put a TH350 in it with a B&M shift kit and B&M shifter in it. I had a shop do this for me and it seemed to run fantastic. I drove it for about a month and then parked it in the garage while i was training. The whole time I am gone the trans is leaking according to my family and when i actually get back "6" months later i drive it only to find out the shifts are extremely rough and it slips. I am in a different state now and couldn't get it back to the same shop so i took it to a very well known and popular shop out here in Tucson, Az. they tell me that the trans was poorly rebuilt and the rear something or other was adjusted wrong and caused the trans to starve of fluid and needed to be rebuilt again. Not having much of a choice because this is my baby, I reluctantly rebuild it again. "tried to file a suit with the BBB but they denied saying no proof of bad work from previous shop" . . . . now with it freshly rebuilt i drive it daily, over the past year now i have had to take it to the new shop several times for leaks or slipping, and it seemed they finally got it worked out and no other problems. my warranty expired in December and it is now April and my trans is leaking severely and slipping at every light. What can i do? is it a bad trans or is it poor work? I don't hot rod too much and always performed the maintenance that they scheduled. The shop looked at it today and they said it is leaking where the spedo cable connects and that it chewed up the cable and to get a new one asap. I don't exactly make good money to just keep rebuilding these things. Any suggestions or poss swap ideas?