The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #1
bmnk

My first project (52' Chevy)

I've decided to create a build thread on my 52'.

A little background history on the truck....

When I was 15yrs old I decided I wanted a "Classic Car/Truck" to drive when I got my license, much to the dismay of my parents who lacked any automotive mechanic skill and knowing the effort it would take to restore a vehicle.

jump ahead 6 months - My mom tells me of an "old" truck she saw for sale and thought she could talk my dad into letting me buy it. The truck was a 52' Chevy with a school bus yellow paint job. The short box was missing, but had a wooden flat bed. The truck had been partially restored and was equipped with a 350 Chevy motor and 350 Transmittion. There was a 10 bolt Chevrolet rear-end with 5 lug Chevy Rally Rims all the way around. My parents like it because it was ready for me to drive, and I like it because it looked and sounded really cool. With a small financial gift from my grandfather I got my classic vehicle I wanted.

Jump ahead another 1yr and 1/2 and while driving to school one day I blow the motor on the truck. The truck then goes into storage.

While in college and just starting my working career I didn't have the money or time to put into the truck, so in storage it sat collecting dust

Jump ahead 9 years later my grandfather and mom passed away, 4 months apart of each other.

A year later (last summer) I decided to pull my old truck out of storage and do a partial restoration on it to get it back to road ready condition sorta in memory of my mom and grandpa whom without there support I would not have been able to buy the 52'.
bmnk is offline   Reply With Quote