The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
lha1992

Hello from Everett, WA!! About to get a '72 cheyenne!

Hello everyone!

Just joined the forum a few days ago and now getting to looking up info and stuff. I'm 17, a junior in high school. I play football, wrestle on the school team and do track.

I'm about to buy my first vehicle, a 1972 Chevy Cheyenne C30 Longhorn edition. It has 143,000miles with a 402bb, turbo 400, factory air, and passenger side tool box. I know these trucks were only born with the 400cid small block V8 but funny story is that when the original owner (who owned the truck the first 36 years of its life) took delivery of the truck, when he got home the motor was not sounding right. So he called up the dealership and they came out and said the motor had no oil in it whatsoever. They said they would take the truck back and the only motor they had was a 402bb in stock and they decided to put that in. The mechanics worked all night to install the motor and gave the truck back to the owner the next day.

The truck passed all inspections straight from the factory and went to the owner with no oil. Strange for a Chevy dealership back then. Anyway, the current owner is asking $1500 for it. It has rust in the cab corners, the tool box door is rusting out too. The truck runs, the carb is gummed up from not running and is pushing out black smoke. The tranny when you go into park, it won't go into park. More than likely the linkage to the tranny and you have to put it in neutral with the parking brake to hold it. Definately needs a paint job and a new bed kit.

Anyway, enough of me jabbering.

Thanks,
Laith

Last edited by lha1992; 04-04-2010 at 04:18 AM.
lha1992 is offline   Reply With Quote