The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 10:11 AM   #11
glock35ipsc
Next project: 1970 K10

Re: Glock's new project: "Fred" w/ 5.3L LS swap info

I know, right?! 'Cause it's like, we're in Colorado. And it snows year 'round!

My new helper, ready to....um, help:

It's back in!!! The connections are a little tight, but it'll work. I bent them up and toward center just a little. The bottom one in the pic will get either a 90° or 135° fitting so it can run up between the heater hoses and the rad hose, and the top on will get a 45° so it can come up and around the front side of the rad hose. The shroud is just sitting in there loose, it's not really that close to rad hose.:

Little did I know at the time, but the lines will easily clear the bracket I made for the MAF/air cleaner! I'll use a 90° fitting on the top so I can run it down and under the air cleaner:

I'm going to use all new lines, but I used the old stuff to mock it up so I could measure for the new lines:

Shop manual!

I cut both trans cooler lines off near the starter, then added the AN fittings and ran SS braided up to the radiator. The lines are now ran under the engine stand along the inside of the frame and completely out of the way of the compressor:

New fuel line (top), old fuel line (bottom):

I'll probably run to NAPA today and get the 90°, 135° and 45° fittings for the compressor end so I can see what is going to work the best. Once I figure that out, I'll have them crimp the 2 fittings on to about 4' of hose. Then I can figure out the best way to route them and mark the hoses where they need to be cut and the orientation of the fittings to be crimped on the other end.

1970 Chevy K10 LWB "Goldie" 350/TH350 next project!!
1981 Chevy C10 LWB 355/TH350 - My son's truck

LS SWAP FORUM! Tons of LS swap info here!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SUPPORT THE GREATEST BOARD ON THE NET!
CLICK HERE FOR THE FAQ INDEX by KRUE

Last edited by glock35ipsc; 04-05-2010 at 10:12 AM.
glock35ipsc is offline   Reply With Quote