The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #11
begining87

Re: Project '86

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv8customs View Post
Thanks, Bob was a great man of God and made an impact on a lot of people including me. Please continue to pray for strength for the Field's family.

Shay posted this on a couple sites so I will put it here as well.....

Not sure how many of you guys know everybody from WhyWear, but we lost one of our members Wednesday night. Bob (the guy w/ long dreadlocks) missed a curve on his motorcycle while driving at night. He left behind a 25 year old wife and 3 kids. It's a sad day for us, but we're trying to see the positive and keep our heads up. I know personally how much Bob loved our slogan "Why Be Normal". He loved pushing the envelope against the "churchs" vision of how a christian should look w/ his dreads, tattoos of scriptures, and biker clothes. Bob (like the rest of us at WhyWear) wanted to show you guys/gals that following Christ doesn't mean you have to wear a suit/tie and follow some cookie cutter image. You don't have to clean up your act, your style, your anything...Just come as you are. HE will change you and your ways. I know first hand...just ask me. Let's face it, death is inevitable in this world. We're all going to die and go spend eternity in one of two places. I know where Bob is today and I know he wants every crazy minitrucker to be there with him someday. I loved Bob and I want you guys to know how much he loved ya'll and our scene.
Nice to know there are Brothers in Christ on the board. I am saddened to hear of the loss. My Prayers are with his Family. Are there thoughts to fund raising for his family?
begining87 is offline   Reply With Quote