The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #1
temogarza48

Round #2 GMC build

I bought this truck when I was a JR in high school. It took two trucks to make this one. A 67 and 72 GMC. In Round #1 the 6 lug setup was swapped out for the 5 lug setup thanks to the 72 donor truck. Most of the body parts are from the 67 but unfortunately the grille wasn’t so I had to put the grille from the 72 on. The truck was painted Metallic Blue by a friend of my dad. The motor is a rebuilt 350 4 bolt main hooked up to a 700R4 trans. We also put some hooker headers and flowmaster mufflers to replace the glass packs that were on it. Took the gas tank out of the cab and installed a blazer tank under the bed. Installed a 60/40 split bench from a 97 chevy and installed a new tach gauge cluster radio. I used to have 18 inch wheels on this truck but those were sold once I went off to college.

Plans for Round #2 are to replace the leaf spring suspension for the trailing arm suspension, rebuild the motor, new paint, replace grille to 67 style, rewire the whole truck and I’m sure add some new wheels and performance goods to it.

Pics of how it was:
Attached Images

temogarza48 is offline   Reply With Quote