The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #1
treetop_73

85 GMC 2500 High Sierra

I have a clock in the dash and I can hear it running or I think thats what I hear constantly running. I hadn't drove the truck in 3 weeks and the battery was drained, took a while to jump it off the Taurus. So the question is what battery do you guys use? I had an Optima in my old Jeep but that was years ago and I never hear about them anymore. Is there something better?

Also, the power steering pump leaks, is it a pain to replace? Whats a good price on a new one and where should I get it from? Local parts store or online? And if I need to get it done by someone, whats a good price for the labor to install? I have limited time with work, baby, and sons little league I coach.

Back to the clock, is it something cool to have in the truck? I would hate to have it drain a new battery also if I don't drive it for a while.

And last question, whats the correct pressue reading on the oil gauge supposed to be? As soon as I start it, it pegs to the right at 60+. I NEED to change the oil, that I know but for it to be pegged to the far right, I think the gauge is broken or the sender or something.

Thanks in advance. I always wanted a 73-87 due to the body and finally got one but don't know much about them.
Attached Images

treetop_73 is offline   Reply With Quote