The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #1
tsm

'61 stepside junk truck budget build

I've been wanting to give my 1961 c10 stepside a little TLC. I've had her for a few years and was my junk hauler. Her role won't change she just need a face lift. My plans for this truck are to make it drivable and classic looking. Personally, I don't have any previous experience working on auto, however my best friend has been offering forever to help me out with a budget restore. He knows wtf is going on, and I don't lol. Currently she's got a 327 w/ 350 heads a set of shorties, cherry bombs, and a 12-bolt one legger rearend. I'm going for used parts off craigslist. It will be interesting to see how much I can find.

Got a aluminum rear tank of CL $200 w/sending unit ect.. Made a little mounting area w/ some angle iron and Also scrubbed down and applied metal cleaner and first coat of por15

Dirty, she's been sitting for a while. Getting ready to pull engine but first gotta run a compression test.

Picked up some www off the CL $60. Also picked up some chrome rims with moons that aren't perfect for $50 (not pictured)

She has a super clean bed. Picked up the bumper $30

About to complete rip the interior out. I need a new wheel. The seat is in pretty good condition. Kind of apprehensive about looking under the carpet and finding rust.

Bought a front end off a '73 with ps disc ect. Scrub down and getting ready for the por15 then replacing all the bushing and joints.

Tail gate $10 off CL. needs work but it'll look nice on the truck.

HAggled for $50

I Plan on putting a 2" tach, oil pressure, and electrical updated gauges.Need a lot of work.

I'll be posting bi-weekily maybe more often. I'd like to hear any comments or tips for this project.
tsm is offline   Reply With Quote