The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 PM   #1
GMC91
Always trouble

Ever seen one this long?

About 3 weeks ago, I quite my job working fast food. And no sooner than 2 days later I had a job working at a shop. My first project? Make a 1 ton long bed look good agian. Now this aint your typical long bed truck. My boss took an 8 ft bed and dropped on the frame and bolted it down, but it was still around 27 inches to short. So we took my old parts bed and made us a nice 10 ft bed. Now it aint done yet but it is looking 100% better then when we started on it. Here are the pics cause we all know everyone here loves pics.

This whole corner was smashed in, so we straightened the bed out and welded a new corner in it.

The other side was fine

Now here is the cool part. The pic of when we first but the "extra" bed on there.

Here is my boss welding the sides together.

The bar going across is for support while he was welding cause we took the backing out of the first bed. And my boss didnt want to take any chances.

But this is my job now, and I can defiantly say its a lot harder work than fast food but man, do I love it so much better. I now look forward to going to work.