The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2010, 10:21 PM   #1
Eagletucky
Where did THAT bolt go?

66' Suburban..what i've been up to....

Although I am a daily visitor to the site, I rarely post. First off I would like to thank all of you who contribute. i have learned loads of great info regarding these trucks since I have joined. Based on others projects, i have performed tasks that I wouldnt have had the guts to try without your help.

Anyhow, this all started a little over a year ago. I bought 4 60-66 trucks, all for less that $300 each off of craigslist and built this with the best parts:

It was a fun truck, but had some rust issues with the cab around the windshield and down the passenger door post. This is what it looked like:

So...based on that amount of rust, I decided to look for a new cab. Well, a 1966 suburban showed up on craigslist about that time, I thought, why not. After a week of negotiating the burb was mine. Here it is the day i brought it home:

All my good stuff that i put on the truck would transfer over, no problem. So the mechanical portion of the build should be simple. I knew the burb needed a "little" floorwork, so I went to tearing out the mouse urine soaked plywood floor and carpet...and this is what I found...........