The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 06:17 AM   #1
JRBECK64

My Sons 69 Long Fleet Resto

I was talking with my oldest Son and asked him if he would mind driving a 69 Long Fleet. Much to My amazment he said heck yes he would. I was under the impression he wanted one of these little 140 MPH Rice Burners with the big wing on the back. I guess he showed me where his loyalties Lie. We are going to paint the truck Black and Silver. We have decided to use the moldings from a 67 and Paint below the molding silver and the roof will be silver and the rest will be black. The Tailgate will be silver up to the molding and above that will be black. The letters on the tailgate will be Black. I was playing around with the thought of putting in a steel bed to replace the wood but after doing some research they want $1200 for the Steel Bed Floor Patch Panel. Little to rich for me. The power train will be a 69 350 Rebuilt from top to bottom with a TH400 behind that. It looks like there is a 4.10/1 Gear in the back and we are thinking about changing that to a 3.42/1 so it will go faster than 65. We are using a lot of spare parts to build this thing but it should turn out ok. The best part of this is I get to work with my Sons restoring this old beauty. I will try to keep the pictures coming.
JRBECK64

Right now we are fitting panels so we can get the spacing right on the core support so all the panels align with the cab. We are going to hange the doors to make sure they fit properly then we are going to start doing the bodywork.

JRBECK64
JRBECK64 is offline   Reply With Quote