The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2010, 07:46 PM   #1
aerotruk63
Check The Champ, Demonstrator

aerotrukII,3&4

The advise that's given out on the build threads are great and I'm sure appreciated. Therefore I'm starting a build thread of what is to become my daily driver & snow plow truck in the winter months. I do commercial and industrial walkways with my ATV and my brother struggles to get his snow blower around behind his Mazda3. The truck will double as a transporter for the snowblower and a plow truck for the wider sidewalks.

Donor 1:
1964 Chevrolet K10. The deal was that I remove the 327 that was in the truck and return it to the previous owner. From a Corvette he claimed, I didn't really care. Fiberglass rear fenders, not original but bonus for a winter driven truck. Braden PTO driven winch.

ATV

I wanted a Inline 6 so I bought a.......
Donor 2:
1966 GMC ( Canadian Built so it had a Chevrolet drivetrain ) 250 Inline 6 Had a few accessories on it as well. You know me and my obsession! Rotten, my God, I think it was returning to the ore from which it was originally conceived. Then I needed a good cab so I bought.....

Donor 3:
1966 Chevrolet BBW Factory Air Cab. Looked great till I had it sand blasted. Who ever did the body work on the floor and the rockers was quite talented, it sure looked great when I went to look at it. To bad he didn't replace any of the perforated floor. I don't really like the 64-66 cabs anyways, so I sold it off with replacement panels and the cab from the 64 K10 as well. Pending the guy picking up the cabs, grounds still wet here.

Donor 4:
You have Craigslist, we have Kijiji.ca. No way as good as Craigslist, but we needed our own identity. Low and behold 1963 Chevrolet C50. 28,000 original miles. Farm truck. 292. Daily driver for the 2nd. owner, who purchased it from a factory farm. It's not at the back of the shop yet, but soon.

So the build begins. Right off the bat, Thank's....

"Slow Build" for getting the original power brake unit off the scrap truck you ran into. It will be going on this build.

"padresag" for the 4WD. 292 frame motor mounts, their cleaner than anything on the K10 right now.

"Captainfab" for supplying the first of the 17.5"x5.25" original wheels.....

All American Classics ( http://www.allamericanclassics.com/ ) supplying three of the 17.5"x5.25" original wheels which I'm converting to 17" for more tire variety.

YouTube Channel with 20+ Original Chevrolet Truck Salesmen, Mechanics & Service Department Training Slideshows.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...otruk63&page=1

Last edited by aerotruk63; 04-15-2010 at 09:06 PM.
aerotruk63 is offline   Reply With Quote