The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2003, 09:50 AM   #23
chevychic

MSL: I'm taking it to Custom Automotive over on the corner of Beal and N. 99.

Mitch: Could be the same truck. If so, I don't see it being worth $10k. Not with the miles he has listed for it, which would be the one thing that would keep me from getting any truck...high miles with no rebuild. Now, if the price is right, I could justify it.
EDIT: Here's the auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=39409&rd=1

Jon: I do love having a 4X4 especially one that's lifted. If I had owned the truck for a while and had put a good amount of miles on it before this stuff started happening, then I probably wouldn't be considering selling it. But when you pay $3500 for a truck after having someone come out and look it over with you and tell you nothing major is wrong and then the tranny goes south in 3 months and then almost exactly a year later, there starts being what looks to be major engine problems, it doesn't sit well. Not to mention that there are so many things I wanted to do to customize it that I don't have the money to do now that I've been fixing things here and there for the last year.
I know anything I get is going to need some fixes here and there. It's the major ones that I would hope I don't need to do immediately.

As far as selling just the truck without engine and tranny, that would be a possibility if I had a place to store the engine and tranny and if I did that, I might as well buy my friends '69 Chevelle Malibu for $500. It has an engine I could drop right into my truck while I work on the Chevelle. (It's currently in pieces right now). But then I'd have car parts to store while I work on it. It's in the middle of a frame off right now.

If I can't be a good example, then I'll just have to be a horrible warning.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think"
- Christopher Robin

Last edited by chevychic; 05-15-2003 at 09:52 AM.
chevychic is offline   Reply With Quote