The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-23-2010, 09:09 AM   #1
Original67
Account Suspended

1970 Ford F-100 Question.

Okay by my signature and my build thread you all have seen I got a a a ........ yea its hard to say it. A Ferd. It's a 1970 LWB PS, PB, AC, Super Custom with a Big Block in it. I believe its a 390 but have been told its a 360. ummm not for sure. Here is the issue. Supposely when the truck gets to below a 1/4 tank it will just die. Ramdomly die. Only at or below a 1/4 tank. Had a couple of thoughts about this so I will put them out here. And before Travis or John says something about it "No keeping the truck above 1/4 tank is not the answer to this problem"

Thoughts:

1st Water/oily solution that is riding on top of the gas when the tank gets low it is able to slosh (SP) into the fuel pickup.

2nd Fuel line- when it gets low it is pulling enough of a vacuum to compress the line causing it to shut off. (Truck refires after sitting for a few minutes)

3rd Inner liner in the tank. I can not recall if these trucks had an inner liner in them.

4th (I know this will be the most common answer) Its a ford for a reason. Its suppose to be Found On Road Dead.

Okay everyone have fun tossing stones at this one.

this pic is from Wiki but looks just like it.
Attached Images
Attached Images

Original67 is offline   Reply With Quote