The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2010, 07:09 PM   #1
cranetaker77

Truck Popularity

Well we went up to Carlisle yesterday. This was the first time we actually went up there looking for truck parts. The last couple times we have went last year we were looking for speed parts. So now having the 66 C-10 we went up looking for parts for that. We had a small list,and were able to find a few items. We picked up a repo left front fender, a new grill, a used grill support panel. We had no luck at all finding the right front fender. All of the vendors selling the new sheet metal sold them out on the days before. We also couldn't find a hood too. One guy from Arizona said he brought six with him, and he sold out of them in no time. Well anyways my point is, I had no idea that these trucks were so popular. Around were I live you see nothing but 67-72's. I was just suprised that everyone was sold out of stuff by Saturday. So I suppose our plan for truck nationals, would be to get up there on like Thursday or Friday. Luckily the rain didn't start til about 1 or 1:30. Which sucked, because everybody started packing up early. But we stuck it out til about 3, and it ended up just drizzling for a little bit. All in all it was a good day. Tiring, long day, but a good day.
cranetaker77 is offline   Reply With Quote