The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-01-2010, 08:08 AM   #1
milworker

Upgrade 62 Fleet to disc WITHOUT getting rid of the Torsion Bar

I don't know about anybody else, but IMHO, the torsion bar setup is a much better ride. I liked it so much in my 62 that I bought a 2006 Yukon for that reason alone. I've had plenty of coil sprung Chevy's over the years, and the ride, in comparison is just rough. So, what spindles, etc, will work so I can upgrade to disc brakes w/o getting rid of the torsion bar?

BTW, I like GM's 2006 setup so much, I've considered buying a rolled '06 Yukon just so I can use the chassis (they went to four-link coil rear suspension in '06). That could also get me a 4WD '62 without changing the ride height too much.

Back to the question at hand...little help here? I already have the mount for the booster on order from Captain Fab, have the booster, proportioning valve and lines, just need to get spindles, rotors and associated bearing and potentially ball joints, tie rod ends, etc.

If someone knows about a freshly rolled '06 Yukon...
milworker is offline   Reply With Quote