The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2010, 09:46 PM   #1
72BlckButy
Tot Roddin'

Don't rain on the Truck God's parade...

As some know I recently updated the wheels on my '69, and slowly but surely I have been updating the members that are following my build thread with a gradual glimpse of the finished product.

This past week I had been requested to post a final pic of the truck with the "caps" on the new wheels, so others could see just exactly how the truck looked with the complete package. So me, being the nice person that I am, decided to post up a pic of the truck with the new caps...

Name:  105_0033%20cap.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  106.6 KB

For the past few months, I had been hoping to debut my new wheels at a local car show (Magic Dragon) and wind out posting the freshly detailed truck for all to see the end product of my '69 with it's new shoes. For the previous 7 days, the forecast began to call for rain, then thunderstorms, then clouds, so as many of us in the Midwest have learned, never listen to the forecast and just look outside. So, Saturday morning rolled around and as I stepped outside the sun was shinning, so I knew this was going to be a great day.

Loaded up the cooler, stopped for ice, and I was on my way. When I arrived down at the show, I proceeded to give the truck a quick once over and get ready what was going to be a great day. After meeting up with a few board members (GRIMSS, bigmike 71, sswitzke, hot trux, etc), looking through the 1,000 participants, and eating a couple of burgers, my day was complete.

The time rolled around to about 4:00pm and I needed to head back, due to prior engagements. So, I said goodbye to a few people, and proceeded to roll back home. As I took out on the 50 mi trip back to the house, I was enjoying the weather, and the music. As I neared 28 mi from the show, I began to hear something under the hood, and it wasn't the sound of the I6. Pulled over, raised the hood, and I see all my coolant pooring out from my motor.... you guessed it, the water pump.

I was able to make it to the next gas station, where I proceeded to wait for the next 2.5 hours for a flat bed wrecker to take my '69 back home in style. At least I saved some gas on the trip home...

The Moral of the Story

Do NOT hassle your fellow board members, as they might make the rain come in ways other than from the sky.

Check out some more pictures, here...

Name:  105_0054.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  57.6 KB

1969 CST SWB - Project Blank Slate (4.5/6" ECE Static Drop, 6-lug disc brake upgrade (manual), Billet Specialties Vintec 20x8.5 255/40 (F) 20x10 295/40 (R), 250 I-6)
1960 AMF Skylark - Tot Roddin' (Lowered with custom frame; soon to include custom push bar and interior)
2008 Silverado CrewCab 1LT (5.3L, 3:73, 4x4, LT1, Z-71, Towing Package)

Last edited by 72BlckButy; 05-02-2010 at 09:50 PM.
72BlckButy is offline   Reply With Quote