The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2010, 03:20 PM   #1
Mertz

Can't do a burn out.

I have my 72 Chevy truck 350 set up with the Qjet all dialed in and get great accelleration. I tried powerbraking it and doing a full throttle takeoff and it launches rather slow and then once it gets going it goes great. At one point I had it standing on its wheels but I haven't been able to reproduce that since. I don't have the 350 trans kick down installed and I have a stall converter set up for towing. 2500 if I remember correctly. I can do a nice burnout if I am turning when I take off with or without the power brake. It just seems like it doesn't have much power as I hit full throttle but as I get going I hear the secondaries working. 50 to 70 takes just a few seconds without the secondaries. The truck does not have a posi. I am not sure what my rearend is but think it is a 3:08 or 3:28. I have a 1" 4 hole spacer on it to try to help with torque but it soesn't seem to help. Intake is a Edelbrock 2101 with ceramic headers and flow through exhaust.
Mertz is offline   Reply With Quote