The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-07-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
az65

new member... intro

Hi all, great site here, every time I searched for 60-66 info it brought me here. Figured I may as well register instead of being a perpetual lurker.

Anyways, I picked up my '65 several months ago on a trade for a fox body Mustang I had. 60-66 and 67-72 Chevy trucks have always been a favorite, I learned how to drive a stick shift on my dad's old '62 way back when. The truck didn't run when I got it so I put a new carb, HEI (still had points) and the 3 on the tree was wasted (linkage) so I converted it to floor shift. It's pretty clean for a 45 year old vehicle and gets far more compliments than my SRT10 haha

She has a 327/3spd manual, here's some crappy blackberry pics I took a few months back:

this one is from last weekend parked next to my best friend's clean old Ford:

I would like to "de-stinkbug" it by lowering it or at least leveling it. I would love to convert to front disc brakes eventually, but would settle for power assist and a two reservoir master cylinder for starters. I want to add some 6 lug rally wheels and swap out the 3 speed for a muncie 4 speed. I killed the rear-end on the way to work on Tuesday so I'm looking for a drum to drum rear end for it to simplify the swap. The only fluid level I didn't check after acquiring it was the rear-diff. Doh! The interior is in great shape for its age so I'll probably leave it alone. That's about it for now, great site!

Last edited by az65; 05-07-2010 at 10:38 AM.
az65 is offline   Reply With Quote