The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
garold99

I have major bounce on my drivers side tire.

I figured it was just bad shocks since its been a long time since I changed the front shocks. So I replaced the front shocks and I still have bounce once I get to about 40 and let off gas to slow down. Or I hit a dip in the road. This just started.

Anyhow, today I climb back under and find a broke cotter pin and loose nut on a tie rod that comes from the power steering pump into another rod. Sorry don't know the names of the rods, I know one is the sway bar, so its that section.

Anyhow, I tightened the bolt back and put in a new cotter pin and went for a test drive. Still have the bounce and shake. I'm guessing maybe the ball joints and bushings need replaced on the driver side, so I might as well have both sides done.

Are these hard to do myself? Or should I go to a mechanic? What am I looking at money wise? Or could it be something else, like just bad tire, or out of balance? I have old used tires on right now. But just started back working 2 months ago and this has been my daily driver after sitting for a while.
garold99 is offline   Reply With Quote