The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
AirSpeed

Horn button assembly, HELP

I am reasembling my truck after paint and the horn button is driving me nuts, I am pretty sure I'm not missing any parts but I can't get it to work. I have the plastic bushing with the three tabs that the screws go through, the thin concave steel spring washer (for lack of knowing it's real name) and the steel piece that the plastic decorative horn button snaps into.
I have tried every possible configuration to assemble this thing and nothing works, it goes together but the button will not depress when pushed. I looked at the exploded drawing in my LMC catalog, I have all the parts they show in the drawing, the way it's shown in there definately does not work.
Do any of you have experiance with this simple yet frustrating part? I can't help but think I am looking past something. It's has to be a matter so simple that I am just not seeing it! If anyone has an idea please share it with me!
AirSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote