The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #1
RandyP
Getting Old; Going Broke

Instrument Cluster Transplant

So, I go out this evening and grab some stuff from a local suburban graveyard guy. I mainly wanted the radio and cluster bezel, but then decided to grab the entire cluster. I thought it might be nice to have a trip meter! I was not worried about the mileage, easy enough to set these old roller style odometers.

Anyways, I go to yank the speedo cable, and low and behold... there is not one. I went ahead and brought the stuff home, as the price was right. But now my question is, is there any way I can possibly use this cluster in my 87 silverado (full gauges in mine currently)? I got tired and just dropped the stuff off at the shop, I will get the speedo out tomorrow and look closer at it, but I do know the circuit board on the back appears slightly different than what I'm used to seeing.

I grabbed a few quick pictures. I'm really excited about the radio though. I do not require anything but factory, but I'm tired of tuning by turning a knob and having to constantly retune going down the road. For $10 I got the radio, antenna cabling and the external fender antenna. Just gotta dig up a black mast and I'll be set after drilling some holes.
Attached Images

RandyP is offline   Reply With Quote