The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
blazed870

LSx Owners please help.

I've been lurking on this forum for about a year now and I think I am finally starting to work on the truck after tons of great ideas on this website. About 6 months ago, a friend hooked me up with a 4.8l w/ 4l60, the wire harness, ecu and some other parts off a 99 GM truck. It has just been sitting at my dad's house waiting to be transpanted.

My goal is to do a cheap but reliable build on my truck, starting with the drivetrain. I plan on this truck splitting duty as a daily driver. I am not looking to build a high horsepower motor, just something reliable. I have been reading and searching I promise. I have looked at AckAttacks build thread as well as Thealian's awesome links for LSx info. I even read the square body "Fred" conversion to get info.

I am trying to put together a parts list so I can purchase parts before hand. I know that there is always those parts store runs that are inevitable, but I want to keep those to a minimum.

So far this is the list of items I think I need:
4.8 w/ matching 4l60
ECU and Wireharness (still need to be modified and reprogrammed)
Motor Mount Adapters
Lokar Steering Linkage
Fuel pump to achieve the required fuel pressure needed
Corvette Servo for tranny(not needed, but got the idea from project "Fred")
New gauges(for electronic speedo)

If anyone wants to add to the list, it would be much appreciated. Or if you used particular products you could tell me how well they worked. Like I said I am trying to do a budget build.

I plan on using the stock truck manifolds and serpentine drive system that came with the the engine, once again to save as much as possible. With that being said, Does anyone know if I should use the regular motor mounts or the ones that push the engine back 1"? I plan on having a 4/6 drop on it as well. I have heard the truck oil pan sits down pretty low, so I am not ruling out going with a F-body oil pan. If I used the F-body pan, which motor mounts should I use with which manifolds/cheap headers??

Well that is my first round of questions. I know I have way more questions, just can't think of any right now. Please feel free to give any advice or tips on doing the LSx swap.

Thanks in advance
Mickey
blazed870 is offline   Reply With Quote