The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
ccracin
CCTek

Project "Brain Damage"

This project get's its name because we must have Brain Damage to undertake this! Every once in a while you run across one of those deals that is tough to pass up. A couple years ago I couldn't drag my Dad into the computer age. Well after much resistance he is now an internet "sale" site junkie! Craigslist, ebay, etc. A couple weeks ago he ran across this truck, yep another truck on one of these sites. Well after a lot of phone calls, emails and questions he is now the owner of a 1972 short bed pick-up. We drove 22 hours in 2 days to pick it up and bring it home. This truck is very similar to the project we are already working on. However, it is quite a bit further along than the current project.

Here is a quick description:

Complete Art Morrison 2x6 Rail Truck Chassis
Triangulated 4-Link
9" Ford with Strange Center Section
3:73 Gears with Posi and Strange Axles
IFS Front
Wilwood 14" Brakes
Custom Metal Dash and Console
20x15 and 18x10 Budnik Tiller Wheels
Mickey Thompson Sportsman SR Tires
Vintage Air A/C
American Autowire Highway 22 Harness
Electric life Power Windows
Custom Aluminum Fuel Cell
3" Stainless Exhaust
Auto Meter Carbon Fiber Gauges

This is just a short list of what this truck is all about.

Our plan at this point is to try to finish this truck and have it on the road for next summer. I really think it is doable. We will use this truck as a test platform for things that we had questions about. IE. Power vs. Manual Brakes, Painted vs. Un-Painted engine etc. as well as others. We will get it done and have fun with it while it is for sale and we are working on the original truck again. That is unless he gets an offer he can't refuse before then. Well enough typing, here are some pictures. I will get more as we get into it more. As always I am open for any and all comments or questions. Enjoy.

More.........

68 swb Project
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=262840

72 swb Project SOLD
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...=1#post3993641

THANKS TO: Hermance Design (www.hermancedesign.com), Paradise Road Rod & Custom, Harry Opfer Welding, Tri-State Machine, Wegner Automotive Research, Nsane Hotrodz (www.nsanehotrodz.com), Clayton Machine Works, CCTek (http://www.candctek.com)
ccracin is offline   Reply With Quote