The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-24-2010, 01:35 AM   #1
Chevy623

Meet "Kristen".

So today i purchased my first Blazer. I have always loved Square Body Chevrolets. After owning a '82 2wd Chevy Silverado, and selling it due to becoming a father, I've been after a Blazer for a while now. I picked it up just a few hours after it was put up for sale for $1000.

It has power locks [though they aren't working right now.], pwr mirrors, pwr windows, every single light in/on it works except the brake lights [Probably a fuse.] It has a 350 in it, which runs and drives but has a slight ticking sound in it. Sounds like the flywheel maybe? I'm gonna have my Uncle take a look through it before i get it on the road. It has a practically brand new exhaust with Jones?? mufflers, 3in pipes and stainless tips. It's loud... The tires on it are just about completely bald. It came with a set of 33's for it though and a good looking spare. The rims are also a tad corroded.

The interior is in awesome shape. The top is as well. The stereo has some gremlins in it where the speakers cut in and out and the front speakers sound like they're either blown or are comming disconnected. However, i plan on redoing the whole stereo system tommorow.

The paint is a Black/Silver combo and is in great shape except on the roof and hood there is slight fading. It also has spots of tree sap on it where it has been parked under a tree the past few months.

Plans are pretty simple at this point.

Clean it.
Stereo.
Fluid changes.
Dress the engine bay a bit.

And maybe a set of 20's in the future...not a priorty right now.

Chevy623 is offline   Reply With Quote