The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #1
frednoah
86 Scottsdale

Project: 69 C10 "Junk Yard Dog"

A little background since I'm new. I am a big time classic car nut. Something about an old v8 with dual exhaust just gets me going... I work at a scrap metal yard, hence the project name.

I've been into Buick Skylark/GS's for about 10 years, and finally stepped up to a very nice example last year. Problem is I don't drive it as much as I should, because I'm always worried someone is going to open a door into it or something in the parking lot.

Well fast forward to beginning of the year and we sold our lifted 07 Silverado to buy the wife/little one a new GMC Terrain as a daily. I sold my old beater 72 Skylark, and told her I wanted to get a classic pickup.

A few weeks back, she gave me the go ahead and I went to test drive a few trucks. I ended up buying this 69. It has some issues, but runs well and is pretty solid.

First picture is the night I bought it. Next is yesterday with the new wheels. I just wasn't feeling the 20's. I'll get more pictures up tomorrow.

Last edited by frednoah; 05-30-2010 at 08:49 PM.
frednoah is offline   Reply With Quote