The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
jaros44sr

Hello, my name is jaros44sr and I have a problem...

Well it all started several weeks ago and I'm at a loss...
Seems like #4 cylinder exhaust rocker arm is sitting askew compared to the rest of them! Don't think its a bent pushrod as I spun the rod and don't see any wobble, maybe a collapsed or sticky lifter. Could just one rocker arm be worn out or out of adjustment? Seems like all the nuts are adjusted about the same depth. If its the rocker arm Jeg's has stamped roller tipped (1.6 ratio) on sale till the end of June for 90 bucks. Maybe worn cam lobe, but always thought it was # 7 or #8 that was the problem

I've used a probe and don't feel any burr on the valve stem above the keeper, so I'm confident that this is something that just happened recently. Maybe I should pull the intake to get a better look

People said not to pay attention to it, but that is just not me. If something is differant, I think it needs some sort of attention...lmk what you think

SB 350 with a hydraulic cam, probably well used engine, but idk. I'm sure it needs a rebuild, but just wanted to get the restore done with this engine in it

Any thoughts would really help, I don't want to ignore the situation

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim

Last edited by jaros44sr; 05-31-2010 at 01:12 PM.
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote