The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
Streudels68

Question Disc brake conversion

I'm getting ready to do a disc brake conversion on my 1968 Chevy c-10. I've priced a few kits and have come to the conclusion that my best bet is going to be to go with LMC and buy the disc brake kit, the front end rebuild kit, AND the drop spindle kit. #1 Does anybody know of any other companies that offer similar products at reasonable prices? This stuff is expensive! Not to mention the fact that I guess I need a brake booster and proportioning valve. Is there a particular proportioning valve I need to use or can I pick one up at any auto parts store? Any advice for locating those at a reasonable price would be appreciated as well. I plan on picking up a rear end at a local junkyard to convert it to the five bolt pattern (They wouldn't sell the axles alone). To top it all off, I need some wheels too!

In case anybody is interested, if I go with LMC, I'll be getting a brand new set of stock height front and rear coil springs with the front end rebuild kit. If anybody knows someone who would like to trade some drop springs for those let me know! I couldn't believe that LMC wouldn't let me pick the freakin' springs I wanted!
Streudels68 is offline   Reply With Quote