The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2010, 12:28 PM   #15
likaroc13
Rollin' Old Skool

Re: 1966 C10 factory wheel color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AslanRules View Post
Tony,

Thanks. I can't take credit for restoring it, but the PO did a pretty good job for a frequent-driver.

Thanks for the info from the Chevy Sales Book.

So........to keep my 66 as original as possible, I should lose the horn rim? Do I need an entire new steering wheel, or just take off the rim and put on a chrome bowtie horn button?

Re: door panels. I didn't paint the truck, but bought it from a nice old guy who restores cars & trucks as a hobby. This one was restored pretty well, but not with the intent to be a show-truck. I'm okay leaving the door trim panels as they are until it's time to repaint. But for future reference, ONLY the recessed "stripe" should be white?

Also......no arm rests.....and no evidence that they were EVER installed. What's the deal?

Never heard of a glove box being called a dispatch box....and I'm no spring chicken. Mine has no light in it and no locking knob.

Do you know which hubcaps would've been correct for this version? Normally I would think painted, but with the other chrome on the grille and windshield, I'm not sure.

Thanks for all the help.

Randy
this would be the '66 Custom Deluxe steering wheel
Attached Images

likaroc13 is offline   Reply With Quote