The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Seraph

N/A 6.5 Diesel

okay, well my 350 that i was planning to build for my 72 has taken a back seat due to being a poor college kid. I live 35 miles from my school so i really need something that gets good gas mileage and is somewhat reliable. This is were the 6.5 comes in......my dad bought an 85 chevy one ton a year or so back and the body is practically falling apart around it, so it has sitting up for about 6 or 7 months. The motor is basically new with only 35,000 miles on it. My dad said i could have the motor so i have a few questions about this swap. im not trying to make power, this thing is slow! i just want better mileage and reliability...so here are my questions.

1. I have noticed the diesels radiator is too big to fit into my 72 without modification, do you think just a stock four core Rad would keep the motor cool?

2. i have read both that the small block mounts will work and then i have heard they wont....any input? it is still sitting in the 85 right now.

3. What all will i need as far as the wiring goes? and what would be the best way to set up the wiring for the glow plug relay?

thats about all i have for questions(im sure ill have more lol!)! since i know everyone are picture lovers around here............
thanks in advance everyone!!!!!
Attached Images