The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2010, 01:20 PM   #1
Lo2aY

My 77 project

whats up guys.. I'm new here and i've been looking at all the great info on here and I must admit that many of you have gave me great ideas for my build.

I bought my truck a couple years ago and really the only thing that I liked about was the boxy shape. everything else was garbage including suspension!

I stored it for a while. then tried to sell it but no one would buy it. so then I found this place and decided not to sell it and to actually rebuild it the way I like it.

the project will start by the end of this month but I would like to share some pics of it with you..

here is what she looked like

I really didn't like all the mods that were done to it including the pain job.

so I stripped it down to the minimum.

and that's how it is at this moment..

Paint

what I plan on doing is two tone paint (black/gray and maroon to split between both colors)

Interior

simple and clean interior.. nothing to flashy. i'm not sure if I want to do bucket seats or not at this time but i'm sure you guys have a better idea than me. power mirrors and AC are a must.. maybe a single window on each side instead of what I have now.

suspension
I do like airbags but i'm not 100% sure about reliability. if some one could chim in about this I would really appreciate it. if I do airbag it then I would like the frame to contact the ground when fully dropped. if no airbags are used I want it to sit level.

Drivetrain

I have replaced the motor.. and it does have a new Jasper 350 the trani is a turbo 350. it's 2wd so on the rear we will build a currie axle to fit my application

wheels and tires

I want to get a really big wheel that's deep dished on the rear. something like a 17" wide wheel and 26" or 24" in diameter. I'm looking at Forgiatos and really like this wheel

any recommendations or suggestions are appreciated

here is one of my other toys

Lo2aY is offline   Reply With Quote